About TRUSTe Privacy Services
Make your customers Click With Confidence!
Over the years, TRUSTe has helped thousands of businesses including Yahoo, Facebook, MSN, eBay, Disney and Apple to promote online safety / trust and guide consumers to websites that protect online customer privacy.
When a customer sees TRUSTe on your website, they click with trust, purchase with a piece of mind and would not hesitate to submit their personal information to you for future contacts. In short, TRUSTe helps your company greatly in promoting your website privacy policies online and draw more visitors.
Wish for more TRUST for your customers? Read on.
Can Your Company Grow When Your Customers Don’t TRUST?
TRUSTe gives a ROCK SOLID GUARANTEE to your site visitors that your privacy practices are highly reliable. It gives a good picture of your company’s commitment to online safety & security and lets you focus your energy on your online customers and profits.
Your company will be equipped with a 100% accurate privacy statement in line with your business practices.
We Identify The Potential Threats Of Your Websites
Always identify potential privacy threats that go unnoticed, with the help of our trained compliance team.
Disputes No More
Extend your customer care with our third-party dispute resolution processes.
We Help You Meet Federal & State Requirements
Our program requirements give you a helping hand in streamlining your legal compliance with federal requirements.
Why TRUSTe Is Important?
Your Customers Care About Privacy
- In a competitive market, increasing user engagement and your online sales depends on customer trust and online credibility.
- 88% of online shoppers say that the protection of their personal data is a top concern (Trust Marks: What’s Behind the Label Counts. Publication. Comp.
- Mc-Afee. Boston, MA: Yankee Group Research, February 2009).
- 79% of consumers are concerned about unauthorized access to their personally identifiable information (July 2010. “Consumers & Convergence IV” KPMG).
Industry Cares About Privacy
- Google AdSense Program Policies
Government Cares About Privacy
What You Get With TRUSTe
Generate a policy without the dull and complex legal language used in typical consumer notices and demonstrates through a helpful, shortened summary of your site’s privacy practices. Users can easily navigate and understand your privacy practices with intuitive privacy icons.
- Accurately describes your site’s data collection, use and storage practices.
- Keeps you up-to-date on new state & federal compliance issues.
- Notifies you of hidden data collection practices via automatic scan.
- Gives you the flexibility to edit your policy as your business grows or changes.
TRUSTe Privacy Service Plans
Not Convinced? TRUSTe Customers: Real-World Examples
For over a decade, TRUSTe has shown thousands of businesses–from leading brands like Microsoft, IBM, and eBay to smaller start-up Web sites–the advantages of protecting consumer privacy.
Here are a few real-world situations that show how TRUSTe has helped businesses boost ROI by leveraging TRUSTe’s leading privacy services, seals and programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do TRUSTe products save me money?
What are my responsibilities in earning and maintaining my TRUSTe Seal?
TRUSTe publishes Program Requirements that describe your responsibilities in the TRUSTe Seal program.
How will I know when TRUSTe certifies my site?
If you have placed the TRUSTe Seal code snippet in your web site, the Seal will become visible when TRUSTe certifies your web site. If TRUSTe finds any problems with your web site, they contact you for resolution.
How do I manage my TRUSTe subscription?
If you want to manage any aspects of your subscription that are handled at TRUSTe, click “Login to my control panel”. Follow the instructions in the TRUSTe control panel.
Yes, you can make changes as needed. You do not need to notify us or TRUSTe when you do so.
How do my customers edit their privacy policies?
- PP_GetControlPanelLoginURL returns a URL that automatically logs into the wizard. The URL includes a 5-minute login token.
- Your end user can go to trustemanager.com and log in with their domain name and the password they chose when they configured their TRUSTe subscription.
No. If you use TRUSTe products, you must use TRUSTe’s verbiage, but they offer a range of choices in verbiage.
There is a limit of 50 impressions per day for the TRUSTe Seal. An impression is tallied each time a visitor opens a page that displays the TRUSTe Seal.
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- Republic of Ireland
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
- United States