Do you have only a sketchy knowledge of ASP.NET and you wish to learn more about it? Now here’s your chance. Exabytes is going to organize an intermediate training course for ASP.NET.
Date: Saturday, 01st August 2009
Time: 9:30 am – 4:30pm (break for 1 hour lunch)
Venue: [email protected] (MIRC Office 10th Floor)
ASP.NET MVC web application framework
ASP.NET MVC is a free and fully supported Microsoft framework for building web applications that use a model-view-controller pattern. Like ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC is built on the ASP.NET framework.
ASP.NET MVC provides the following benefits:
1. Provides complete control over your HTML mark up
2. Enables rich AJAX integration
3. Intuitive website URLs; views can be mapped to REST-friendly URLs.
4. Clear separation of concerns which results in web applications that are easier to maintain and extend over time.
5. Testability – including support for test-driven development.
The ASP.NET MVC Framework uses a Model-view-controller pattern. Microsoft added this framework to ASP.NET. It allows software developers to build a Web application as a composition of three roles: Model, View and Controller. A Model represents the state of a particular aspect of the application. Frequently, a model maps to a database table with the entries in the table representing the state of the table. A Controller handles interactions and updates the model to reflect a change in state of the application. A View extracts necessary information from a model and renders a user interface to display that.
1. Overview of ASP.NET MVC
2. ASP.NET MVC Routing
3. 3 sisters of ASP.NET MVC – Model, View and Controller
4. Validation using ASP.NET MVC
5. Looking good with Master Pages
6. ASP.NET MVC and AJAX
1. Bring own laptop
2. Programming experience in ASP.NET is required
3. Pentium 4 2GHz and above. Multi core processors support Intel VT or AMD-V technologies recommended
4. 2Gb RAM (for Windows XP and Windows 7) or 3Gb (for Windows Vista). Windows 7 RC user please inform organizer during registration
5. 17Gb Hard disk space available to copy VHD
Who Should Attend
Software developers who are working on or has prior experience on .NET platform or anyone who is keen to find out latest technologies offered by Microsoft.
The course is delivered via instructor-led approach with hands-on lab.
Instructor-Led Training: Set in an interactive classroom environment, the instructor will introduce concepts and guide students with detailed explanations and interesting examples to meet the student expectations and requirements and at the same time keep the students engaged.
Hands-on Lab: Step-by-step hands-on labs with detail instructions and guide are provided to reinforce all key concepts. It allows the student to reinforce concepts by performing the tasks they have just learned.
SCoPe/MIRC Members: RM 100
Non-Members: RM 200
To register and for more info, please visit training.exabytes.com